Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Switzerland ya!

Gots me an all day sandwich and I'm off to Switzerland for a few days. The tour finished last Friday and I spent a few days in Rennes with my sister from a Frenchy mister, Marie.

 The tour was great but it's definitely a lot harder doing it in the winter. The summertime in France (and especially Brittany) is vibrant and exciting. The sun is out and people are happy to be alive. I definitely noticed far more reserved attitudes this time around. No wonder....it really is hard around this time of year. The sun hides longer in the earth's rotation, plants die, roads close, trains are delayed... but life must go on.  

I feel like I drank enough wine on tour to considerably impact on the grape industry in northern France. They better get to replanting otherwise we could have some very angry frenchies next summer. Also, I am officially a smoker in France and a non-smoker in Australia. It is certain that if I lived in this fair country I would have NO CHANCE at giving up. It is simply unavoidable.

So since Friday I have been in Rennes and I am officially on holidays. Had the pleasure of attending 'Transmusicales', a festival attended by around 60,000 this year. One thing learned is that it don't matter where in the world you are, there will always be a healthy dickhead contingent at festivals. A second thing learned is that if you give me a VIP pass, don't expect that I will leave the glorious minimum dickhead comfort of the VIP bar. The theory has been tried and tested in Australia and France alike and the results remain undoubtedly stable.

Glad to be enroute to Switzerland, although, I did discover a hole in the toe of one of my boots last night. Probably not the greatest for trapsing through the snow-lined streets of Basel. Nevermind... got the gaff, taped it up, hopefully that'll do. Waaaah. 

No comments:

Post a Comment