Monday, November 1, 2010

I could live here...

Currently in the car, heading out of Sydney towards the ACT for our second Canberra show. The first was on Saturday night.

 It is safe to safe that the city of roundabouts lives up to my expectations of being a pretty low key place. The venue is endearingly reminiscent of the House of Representatives with itchy green wool seats and the general vibe that some kind of press conference is iminent. The town consists of 70s business block after 70s buisness block, manmade lakes, circular driving and not a person in sight. Where are all the Canberrians? Where??? It was almost like we could be on the set of an apocolyptic zombie horror flick. Alas, the audience arrived (none undead  from what I could gather) and a show was played. It's incredible that we got through it considering our heavily hungover bodies barely made it through sound check that day. Our sound guy James even thought it best to ask a couple of the female ushers if they could sing after hearing Seja and I in unison. The evening before was the Enmore show in Sydney, and being the Blasko band's hometown, some pretty epic partying was done. There was a collection of sore heads and livers the next day, my favourite post party comment being 'I feel like someone shat on my soul' from Sarah's guitarist, Ben Fletcher.

Before that we travelled through Bryon, Tamworth, Port Macquarie and Newcastle and it is safe to say that I am becoming a bit of a destination slut, my daily mantra being 'aaaw, it's so pretty, I could live here'. Not so sure about Canberra though...BRAAAAINS.

A note on Port Macquarie:
This would have to top my destination obsession so far. Such a beautiful place. When you end up in the waves, still drunk at 8am, watching dophins surf just metres away and whales frolicking in the distance, life can't get much better...   

1 comment:

  1. hey kiddo - glad you finally got to swim with the dolphins ... and the Frenchies (Dimi & Vinz) said to say hi (jeez they can drink!) - see ya soon - brett xxx

    ReplyDelete