Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Can'ts

Well, after a couple of last minute show additions, we are right in the guts of doing 17 shows in 14 days. My liver hurts, my lungs are blackening, and I'm almost certain I smell like a stinky French fromage.

Spent the last few days with 'Team Ludo' in Binic. These guys are slick; total mafiosos of the indie music scene in these parts and they certainly know how to turn on the charm. This is a classy operation, people. Ben and I could barely put our guitars in their cases before one of the family had them tucked up in the van with the PA and stage as well. At the very moment you even consider a drink, they have poured it and directly brought it too you, exactly what you wanted, even if you weren't sure what you wanted yet. Yep, slick. 

Last night we played at a great little watering hole in Lannion called La Valeuses. La Valeuses, as we found out, means 'the swinging nuts' (and I don't mean the Nobby's kind...). It was a great show, we ate an amazing duck dish cooked by the surly but endearing venue owner, Jean-Marc, and drank vin rouge into the wee hours with the locals.

Today we got to spend some time at the ranch of Gil Riot. A elite guitarist of France and one of the suavest MFs I know.

We had a funny conversation with him and his friends over some mussels and frites at the local bar. I at first thought Gil was asking how to pronounce 'can't' correctly, but soon realised that he was actually trying to pronounce 'c*nt'. We told him that this was a real bad word, pretty much the worst, his lady friend asked 'is it worse than stupid boy?', we advised yes. The French at the table then proceeded to practice their 'c*nt' skills. Repeating it again and again. Projecting. Perfecting. For all of the bar to hear. Now, I know that this probably wasn't that offensive for the other french bar flys. But it made me feel rather uncomfortable nevertheless...

Laterz c*ntz

No comments:

Post a Comment