Thursday, July 28, 2011

You gotta have Seoul

Here I am in Seoul Airport Hub Lounge (best 21 bucks I ever spent, btw). Food, booze, internets and comfy couches all provided. Why haven't I thought of this before?? Usually I spend most of my stopover paying exorbitant prices for terrible beer or squished into a smoking pen with others prone to the tobacco insult.

Got me some fancy Cognac and Korean sleeping tablets to boot. Should be a fine last leg home.

Spent the last week in London, chillin at my sister's sweet pad in Bermondsey and playing the last of the Texas Tea shows for this European tour. The UK shows went well, with the help of family, friends, aussie ex-pat TT fans and some random wayward Spaniards.

On Saturday we played a set at the infamous Windmill, set somewhere impossible to find in the back streets of Brixton, guarded by a rooftop Rottweiler and run by a typical spotty Englishman named, Tim.

Tim was an absolute gem... but also, an absolute pisshead. I had a 10 min conversation with this guy while he sported a hefty beer moustache. I kept wondering if he would notice, or whether it might fall into his mouth and get him even more drunk. I have no idea what he said in that 10 minutes. The froth was just too engaging.

Sunday was the last night of the tour and Ben and I wearily dragged our tired old bodies to Stoke Newington for the gig. Elvis supported us that night. Yep, it's true, 'Dave' Elvis; a local legend in Stokey, it seems. This guys was tops. Full white rhinestoned jumpsuit, gold specs, backing track and a thick Manchester accent to match. Amazing.

In the days since then I have been relaxing and trying to slowly recover my damaged liver. Got to see the incredible Kath Bloom last night, thanks to my London-bro, Art. A great end to a great trip.

Homeward bound, feeling quite strange and looking forward to my own bed again.

No comments:

Post a Comment